3.27.2007

EXPLORE THE SPACE

Don't worry, this won't become Dana's Seinfeldesque rant session. But I do have a "what's the deal" here or there.
And this morning.....I was hoggin the road, cause I hate it when drivers cheat.
The right lane on the 170 freeway merges 3 lanes into 1 and at one point, the lane is very very wide. So lame-os pretend ignorance of the merge and breeze by the rest of us on the right-side, pretty much on the shoulder. Argh. You're cheatin the rest of us who have been waiting in line!
This morning, I hogged the whole lane and camped out in the middle of it (sooo luxurious), and I managed to stop a driver from passing us all up! Of course 2 cars got by me. I tried.
Am I the lame-o?
I just want the world to be more fair.
You're right, it never will be.

I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time.
Except, when my pants are on, I make gold records.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Explore the space - so true, so true.

Mark said...

Dana, I totally do that, too! In fact, I was just telling Camille do that the other day on I-15 as people "didn't notice we were merging into one lane." I also introduced Mozambique to this mob-rule-of-the-road idea and successfully stopped many taxis from cheating everyday. It's a great feeling to have someone stopped behind you. Of course, one day you might get some looney with a gun...

Fernando said...

I'm all for the "milk the merge lange" until it ends. However, I don't endorse taking the shoulder in order to get in front of cars.

I have also blocked cars, depending on my mood. So, I guess I sit on both sides of the fence.

Let it be known, though, that I love to not wait in line and I know that there's almost always a way to beat most of the line.

Let's take The Fray concert back in January. University Parkway was backed up about 50 cars (turning north into UVSC). I decided to take the middle lane and...I was able to successfully squeeze in when an unsuspecting car did not roll forward. It was brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

dana said...

Fernando, you are truly amazing. A good driver is always scanning the road, looking for the hole to sneak in.
good show, good show!