3.06.2010

In-N-Out = P. Terry's

Since moving to Austin we've been on the prowl for an In-N-Out replacement. We need more in our Saturday-Lunch routine other than: Chipotle, Firehouse Subs, and Rudys.

Everyone in town has been recommending Mighty Fine. So we tried it. It was.....fine. But it just wasn't that great and was also overpriced ($20 for me and Casey, while In-N-Out is $10.58 for us both).

Then.....the other day the kids and I went south into Austin and on a whim I drove by this place and decided, huh. Let's check it out.
And I'm SOOOO glad we did! It's just what I've been looking for (and more) Delicious, reasonably priced, and has the coolest decor. The kids and I ate there on Wednesday and we drove back today to share it with Casey.
At P. Terry's you'll find.....

Cute kids (one of them happier than the other):
Cool 60's decor with nice lighting:
Ketchup the way all great burger joints do it. In cups.
Yummy fresh, soft-in-the-middle-crunchy-on-the-outside fries (which I think are better than In-N-Out's):
GREAT burgers. The picture looks sloppy, but just believe. It's very tasty. I kind of want another....
Cute kids enjoying their fries (one refusing to look at the camera):
A fabulous color scheme. I know I'm a sucker for cool branding. But I'm not completely shallow. The food has to taste good too.
But seriously.....Cute cups! And perfect soda:
See, I think you're digging the turquoise and orange too....
Mod chairs:
And something we discovered after eating......an outdoor sandbox!
Dude. We should have been sitting out there the whole time! Next time.
Thank you P. Terry's for being my new best friend and making me wish we lived IN Austin, instead of 30 minutes away. We may not see you often enough. But we'll try.

15 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY for finding an In-N-Out replacement! It looks very cool--and I like the sandbox idea.

Glad the soda is yummy too!

The WoodLand School said...

We went there last week for the first time ... delicious veggie burgers!

BTW - there was a great article in last week's Austin American-Statesman about the graphic designer who helped brand the image (Gary Martin Signs) ... check it out if you can!

Amber Dusick said...

What a relief to find an In-N-Out replacement! I know the seriousness of that quest, we are unable to move out of California because of this. I ate at In-N-Out today, isn't that funny? DoubleDouble animal w/animal fries. Why yes that is healthy. I think your new place looks cooler though with the decor & sandbox!

Becky said...

Love the look of that place. The inside almost looks as if it was the interior of a 50's Ikler home! I was never a huge fan of In-and-Out burgers myself. Glad to see you found an adequate replacement.

Allison Hansen said...

That places looks awesome! Pretty and yummy!

Dreams of Perfection said...

Those pics look so good! You could put together an advertisement for this company. Someone get Mr. P. Terry on the phone and cut this Chica a check! Asap! That burger looked sooooo good.

lyndsey said...

yum! you know this was a good post if i'm drooling at it and it's only 9 a.m. :) very cool decor [i'm a big fan of the turquoise-and-red combo too!] and the place looks fun. glad you found an in n out replacement!

Unknown said...

What a cool place! And a sandbox!?!? They really know how to please!

Oh and BTW, no oilcloth at IKEA, but I did get a couple of pieces of fabric (one of them being a huge duvet cover from the as-is bin for $3.

The G-Funk! said...

It looks a lot like Norm's in Cali. The one I'm thinking is in Santa Monica, but I think they're all over the L.A. area (you would know better than me). I'm sure the food at P.Terry's is better though!

Forever You said...

How cool! I would like to try this place too. The fry looks yummy! and the burger to! Now I want to eat ... !!

sachia said...

Very savvy!

Kam Belly Soup said...

that color scheme is awesome. i for see a problem with sandy burgers.

Leslie said...

am gonna have to try this place next time we're in austin. bookmarking it!

Saunja said...

Fun spot! Never heard of P. Terry's. Sounds like a winner.

Suman Family said...

this place looks so hip. love the decor! and good hamburgers? and a sandbox? awesome!

ps: i look at your blog often but i have been looking on my phone a lot lately so it's a pain to comment on there. i've been slacking. still love you guys and all of your fun posts. lucy looks so grown up. like such a little girl. i've started to think the same thing about ava over the past couple of weeks. especially with makenna here - she still seems young, baby face. ava looked grown up compared. anyways, we miss you guys here!!