8.12.2009

not all Prince Charmings are good looking

Lucy loves her princess figurines. And recently she's discovered that there's a Prince associated with each princess. She was a little confused though that Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty all have a Prince Charming....while the others have Prince's with actual names: Eric, Aladdin, Beast, etc. No clue. I'm without an answer. Come on Disney!

So...the other day she wanted me to make a Prince Charming for Cinderella. So I obliged. Of course then she wanted a prince for each of them. So I continued. And here's the charming line-up:
Unfortunately, Snow White is married to a 12 year-old and Cinderella is half the size of her man....
Beast...well, he might actually be proportional. And Sleeping Beauty's beau isn't so bad.
Aladdin (though probably my best) is the class clown, Eric is leaning, and Mulan...does she really have a Prince? I've only seen the movie once. Her prince was the only one I actually traced out of a book. Don't tell Lucy, but he's Sleeping Beauty's prince with an asian twist (you know, come to think of it...Sleeping Beauty's prince might be called Phillip?)
Well, when all was said and done, Lucy was pleased and said, "I wish I could have a Prince."
I told her, "one day...you will."

And sticking with the princess theme, check out this. Snow White is my favorite; Prince Charming just kickin back on a recliner.

12 comments:

the bates motel said...

cute. funny that she's so into the princess and their prince charmings! such a cute little girl! and nice work on creating the men!

Lettie B. said...

What a funny link! Don't you know - Prince Charming is a polygamist? ha ha

teresa said...

Is there anything you can't do?

dana said...

haha. Collette, you know.....when I made the first Prince Charming and Lucy asked for more, I groaned and told her, "they can all just share him." I guess he's a polygamist after all. Mystery solved!

Joe and Marci said...

You're such a cute mom! Every Princess needs a Prince. The other day when I was dancing with my kids, Camri came up me, bowed, and said, "Will you be my prince?" :)
BTW, I loved that website, Snow White was hilarious!

lyndsey said...

great job drawing all the princes! very cute. that's funny about prince charming (who, yes, is named philip in sleeping beauty -- that one's my fave :) -- apparently back in the day disney wasn't too creative with the names. then women's lib came along and every girl needs her own individual prince :)

i love that fallen princesses thing too; i always thought it was so creative. fun post :)

Tibi said...

That is too funny! So cute! Way to be creative! My niece has those princess figures too haha :D

Becky said...

Wow, how nice of you to make those for her! Katie would love those little men -- and then her little sister would inevitably eat them.

Jean said...

Well done!! You are so very artistic. And I love the backstories, hahaha!

Nicole said...

Very cute. You are a good artist, I know my girls wish their Prince Charming turned out as cute as that.

Brittany said...

Not bad! Yes, the Sleeping Beauty's prince is Prince Philip (who has brown hair, by the way). I love him. He's got a lot of character for a fairy tale prince. I totally recognized him as Mulan's "Prince." But hey, Mulan wasn't even a princess at all! She does have a great movie, though. One of my favorites. You should see it again.

Brittany said...

That princesses link was fun. Have you also seen those Annie Leibovitz photos for Disney? I love them. I want them.