6.28.2009

lunch today

As I type this, my mouth is on fire. Woooo! One huge bottle of homemade salsa; purchased at our ward auction the other week.
This is MY kind of salsa. Tons of tomatoes, no huge onion chunks (I know the onions are in there but they're small enough that I don't get a huge ole crunch of raw onion. yuck.), cilantro, and some real kick! Reminds me of a salsa my mom used to make when I was a kid. Me and the cousins would sit out in front of our house, after-school snacking on chips and salsa. Gotta ask her for that recipe....

11 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

Me too. Same salsa, same chips.

awesome.

Nat said...

That salsa is out of this world. I love that you have childhood memories of eating salsa...mine are of guac. Just something about Mexican food!

The Hunt House said...

Yeah....I ate the exact same thing today. Actually I ate the salsa on my eggs for breakfast and chips for lunch. Great minds think alike. Yum!

Grayson Family said...

yum is all I gotta say.

sachia said...

I got one of those too! Funny and funny.

La La Land said...

This post reminds me that somebody owes me a bottle of that! I won a bottle last year and forgot to take it home, and it was eaten!!! URG!

Nicole said...

MMmmm yummy! I am actually getting ready to can some salsa myself. This made me want to do it that much more.

Jean said...

Oooohhhh, YUM. I'm picking me up some salsa tonight!! Woohoo!

B Brown said...

We got one at the auction and downed it the first night. So yummy, we should have bought more!

lyndsey said...

mmmm. that salsa WAS awesome. we went through out jar in just a few days.

Kam Belly Soup said...

that is making my mouth water right now. yum