I don't mean to sound abbrassive or so open in this post, but a great episode of Glenn Beck tonight couldn't have stated better how I've felt for a long time being a conservative in Hollywood. He had on:
Andrew Klavan, author of the book Empire of Lies
Film critic Michael Medved
and film director David Zucker (for his new film An American Carol which spoofs the idiocy of Hollywood-worshipped Michael Moore).
- I believe in small government.
- I don't believe in free hand-outs for everyone. It limits our potential as individuals and a society. What happened to the saying "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day....TEACH a man to fish, feed him for life"?
- Equal taxing for everyone. And while we're at it, less taxes
- I believe in helping the environment by recycling, conserving resources, and reducing pollution. However,
- I do NOT believe in Global Warming. And I think extreme environmental standards often hurt businesses and hinder our need to find local oil supply.
- I believe individuals should be economically responsible for their own actions and decisions (why are we bailing people out of their own stupid housing market mistakes???)
- I'm against Universal Healthcare
- I think unions do more damage than good (and on an unrelated note, so do HOAs)
- I support legal immigration, NOT illegal immigration.
- I don't support abortion.
- I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman