10.22.2007

3 Years

3 Years ago today, Casey and I were sealed in the Los Angeles temple. It was such a beautiful day. It had rained all week, non-stop. But that Friday morning, the clouds parted and the sun came out on that big green hill overlooking Santa Monica Blvd.
I wish there was a way to re-live your wedding day. I guess that's why people have 50th Anniversary parties. But I'm sure most people agree that their wedding day was one of the coolest days of their lives. I loved walking into the temple and seeing Casey there in the lobby with his family. He looked so cute and handsome in his black suit. And of course, the most endearing part of the day was walking into the room with all our closest friends and family there, and being sealed for eternity. What an amazing experience. I'm so happy to know that Casey and I get to be together, forever. Who else would I share dumb jokes with? I really love my husband and I'm thankful for the wonderful man and father that he is. He keeps me laughing, he works hard, we have fun conversation, he honors his priesthood, he has opinions, he loves playing with Lucy, he buys me flowers, he conducts funny experiments, he loves to "do stuff" (rather than just sit around), he makes me feel beautiful and important, and bottom line...we could just talk for hours. I guess that's how we became best friends. Happy Anniversary!

(and now for a barrage of pictures from our past 3 years)...

Our birthday a few years ago (our birthdays are 6 days apart in November):
Eating at Bay Cities in Santa Monica. Great sandwiches (and rootbeer, of course):Halloween, the last year when we were single. Smurfette and Chucky (ew, creepy):
Wedding Day! 10/22/04 Los Angeles TempleHoneymoon in Cancun, Mexico. These are the ruins in Tullum:More honeymoon. Notice the fancy "split-screen" trick with our camera? SnazzyLucy is born! 2/22/06. Another "Best" day of my life.At our friends Melissa and Steve's wedding. Dark hair Dana:At my brother Mark's wedding. 8/06Christmas 2006:

8 comments:

Shanell Farr said...

aww... congratulations! and i must say, i absolutely love you with dark hair! so cute!!

Claudia said...

Congratulations to you guys!!! I will never forget going to your reception because it was the next day that I went into labor! Good Times! and I must say your wedding dress is gorgeous!

Nicole said...

Congratulations you guys!! I loved the pictures with your dark hair too. So cute!

Zen Mama said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sara said...

Congrats! You guys make a great couple. BTW, is Casey doing the whole lion king thing in the picture where he is holding Lucy above his head? Mark loves to do that with Makenna!

Darci said...

3 Year! Congrats! I loved all the pictures. You guys are so fun.

p.s. Our wedding dresses are very similar.

dana said...

Yea, he's totally doing Lion King or Kunta Kinte (I think that's the original, some movie from the 70s...Lion King is actually copying that). But funny that Mark does it too!

Brittany said...

What a sweet tribute to your sweetie. I love looking at all the pictures, although I could really use some captions on some of them (is that really your husband in the costume?). You have a fun family. Happy anniversary!