10.09.2007

Homecoming Queen?

My mom just called to say that my little sister Meredith was nominated to the Homecoming Court today. How fun! None of us were ever that "popular" to be nominated. The best part about Meredith though, is that she is so likeable and talented yet she honestly doesn't know it. She's very humble and gets along with everyone. If I knew her in high school, I'd nominate her too!
Last night she and my mom were talking and Mere said she probably wasn't going to go to the Homecoming Dance because no one had asked her yet and she didn't have a dress. Well, I guess she'll be going now! (and I'm sure someone will ask her).
Go Meredith! I hope she wins. It would just be...funny. A Suman? On the Homecoming Court? Funny, right?

(addendum...I guess my younger brother Mark was on the Homecoming court too. So, none of the other 4 siblings were popular enough to be nominated. Waah, waah, waah, waaaaaah)

6 comments:

Mark said...

Ummmmm....I was on Homecoming Court at Trabuco also. For those of you who don't know me, I am Meredith's older brother.

Mark said...

Thanks for the correction.

Nicole said...

That is exciting for Meredith!! Yeah! I would vote for her, I think she is the cutest thing & the sweetest thing. She is humble about her popularity I am sure, she just come across humble in that area. Good Luck to her!

the bates motel said...

ohhhh yeah for mere! she'd get my vote for sure. she really is such a great girl! i just love her! i've got my fingers crossed :)!

Brittany said...

I don't even know Meredith, but I hope she's chosen as Homecoming Queen! My one brush with high school fame (or high school at all, for that matter--I was home schooled) was when my friend asked me to go to the H. dance with him, and then he was nominated Homecoming King! I felt like a celebrity all night. My friend wasn't exactly what you'd think of as "cool," but it just goes to show that people really care about what's on the inside. He had a heart of gold.

mrs. said...

That's so funny - I just found out that David got nominated to the homecoming court! Everyone goes around calling him "prince david" now... Congratulations to Meredith!