4.29.2008

Eaten Alive

Poor little Lucy was eaten up by mosquitoes the other night. At first they were small red dots and I feared she had Chicken Pox. But then they blossomed and turned into these:
Poor little thing. I can empathize because they attacked me too. I don't look quite as bad as Lucy, but man it's itchy. I guess they like females best...Owen and Casey are untouched. I can't remember being bitten like this since I was a kid. I'll chalk it up to the near-by fire in Sierra Madre that's chased those pests out of the hills. Time for Citronella candles on the porch.

10 comments:

teresa and the boys said...

Ick... that makes me all twitchy just looking at it. I was always the one kid who got eaten by mosquitoes. Someone told me once that it was because I had iron-rich blood and that the pesky buggers liked it. ??? Who knows, but oh man, I feel her pain!

the bates motel said...

poor little girl! ouch! i HATE mosquitos! they are sooo annoying!

Sara said...

ouch!

Joe and Marci said...

Poor thing! How do you keep her from scratching? (Even with the bites, her little legs are so cute!)

Nicole said...

Oh, poor little thing. I can relate. I ALWAYS get eaten alive whenever those pesky guys are around.

La La Land said...

I always get eaten alive. In the Philippines, they told me it is because my blood is sweet, that I shouldn't eat so much sugar. Whatever! Poor Lucy!

Nat said...

Aaah, those pictures make me itch! Poor Lucy...those are icky.

Brittany said...

Yikes, that looks horrible! I get so mad when bugs and scratches attack my offspring. And sunburns, although that hasn't happened yet.

Darci said...

That is so not fun. Poor thing. Is it just me or dose NOTHING seem to stop the iching

Camille said...

Poor thing!! It's always so sad to see your child hurt. I hope she hasn't been too sad about it. I'm sorry for you too.