7.09.2008

2 month Pledge

I've taken a 2-month challenge/pledge on a site called Wardrobe Refashion. A friend tipped me off to it and I'm super excited!
Basically....I can't buy any new clothing for myself, the kids, or Casey for 2 months (till September). Instead, I need to refashion clothes from Thrift store finds, old clothing we already have, fabric that's piled up in my bins, etc. And I need to post once a week on the WR blog with projects I've completed. It was fun to go to the mall yesterday and not even think of buying anything...even the $5 deals at H&M. Of course it's fun to go and gather ideas.

So, here's my official pledge:
I Dana pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed: me.

4 comments:

Kim said...

please post pictures here weekly as well!! this is a fantastic idea--will you refashion mine too?

Jean said...

Rock on!! Sounds like a fun experiment! I'm excited to see the results of your creativity. :-)

Lettie B. said...

Cool. I saw that you mentioned going to a thrift store to but some stuff to revamp. My question is this...how are you going to avoid the temptation of clearance sales for next year's clothes for your kids? :)

lyndsey said...

ooh...how intriguing. can't wait to see the results...i'm adding MADE to google reader as we speak :)