11.07.2008

11 months old

Our little Owen is 11 months old today. So close to turning a year old!
No new stats to report and not much has changed this month. He's cruising a lot more around the furniture and as I said, loves to climb on Lucy's bed. He's a pretty good climber in fact. Yesterday we were at the park and he completely scaled/climbed UP one of the slides on his own. I was there of course to spot him. But this wasn't a dinky slide. It was a good medium-size one. Good job Owen!
We spent the morning hanging out at the library. Some girls in our ward host a music class there and afterward we hang out in the kids area:
There are stuffed animals lining the wall for kids to play with. So Lucy decided to put them all to bed. I wasn't watching her close enough to notice what was going on (yes, I was talking to friends) until I saw her climbing on the rug to take a nap too. As you can see, all the animals have book "pillows" under their heads. There are animals on the back chairs too. Clever girl:
Owen becomes more playful and fun the older he gets. He's already started to torment Lucy (in an innocent way of course). I have a feeling that will be the norm for years to come.
He's a smiley little guy but has a serious face at times too, which I adore because it looks like the real him:
And then he scrunches up his nose and gives me this. We love you cute boy!

15 comments:

Suman Family said...

cute owen! next month is a biggie for him and ava! so fun that they get to celebrate together.

i love the books as pillows. very cute and creative miss lucy!

Suman Family said...

you're right! he looks way old in that picture. crazy! I guess he is almost one...

Saunja said...

Okay, I just want to scoop up little Owen in my arms and kiss him all over his little face. He is so dang sweet. And little Lucy with the book pillows... soooo cute. Was she really asleep on the rug there?

lyndsey said...

wow, 11 whole months. he looks like such a grown up in that first picture, sitting on the chair. i love the crinkly nose...his smiles are the best.

kristena marie said...

Oh my. That second picture is killing me!!! :)

teresa and the boys said...

Dana, Aaron and I have deliberated, and concur -- you and Casey make FREAKING cute kids!

Jean said...

He's a cutie patootie!! Happy 11 months to Owen! It'll be fun to see him (and all the other littles in the ward) as they get older and continue to develop their personalities. :-)

Nicole said...

I LOVE the picture of his squishy smiley face, so cute! Laughed at Lucy lining up the animals and putting them and herself to bed, what a funny girl!

Connie said...

Man- I see a lot of both of you in that first picture!

Jen Suman said...

He is so unbelievably adorable. Both your kids are just so cute I can hardly stand it. But that second picture of him?! That is one of the cutest kid pictures I've ever seen! I just want to squeeze him!

Linsey said...

Where does the time go? Isaac and Caleb are closing in on 1 and 3 and I'm just not ready for them to be so old.

Owen is adorable!

Natalie Petersen said...

I LOVE the book pillows! The best part of the library nap time! Your kids are too funny!!!!!!!!!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Of course, it totally makes sense, animals would have books as pillows in the library. She is so smart. Owen is really cute, I can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving.

Erica said...

That is one cute little yitter!!

Sara said...

He is so cute! I love his scrunched nose. I can't wait to see him (and all you!) in a month or so!