11.18.2008

Turning around

Nothing too exciting going on, but here are a few highlights from the weekend....

We celebrated mine and Casey's birthdays with his family (Casey's is on Thursday, mine is next Wed). For dessert I made an annual carrot cake. YUM (and recipe coming soon):
Lucy had fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa and discovered a new challenge, Where's Waldo?! She was actually pretty good at it:
Owen's world has been turned around. He has a toddler chair! We actually bought Lucy a new chair and Owen got her old one. Welcome to a life of hand-me-downs little guy. I even put him in Lucy's pink jammies the other night because his were all dirty. Don't worry, I won't let him in public that way. So far he seems to like his new surroundings:
Of course, the box the carseat came in was way more fun that actual chair. Lucy played in her little "house" for a few days (till I could stand the crowded living room no longer).
We've been playing at the park in the afternoons till it gets dark (at 5:15) and with the warm daytime weather it's cools off to the perfect temperature at dusk. Can you believe it's 85 degrees on November 18th? Okay, you can. I've been blogging about it for months.
And that's us!

10 comments:

Saunja said...

How fun that Owen gets to see where he's going now! I love warm evenings at the park.

Linsey said...

I remember when we turned Caleb around, it was like the sun came out for him. Owen is lucky, we waited until Caleb was almost 18 months, but he was small and took forever to cross the 20 pounds threshold.

Suman Family said...

awe! i loved the day we turned ava around in the car. it's so exciting for them...especially being in the middle!
and where's waldo? haha! that's classic and a great way to keep those little minds occupied!

La La Land said...

Happy Birthday you two! The cake looks delish. I can't wait for Alice to upgrade her carseat...I think the car will be a much happier place for her!

Connie said...

How cute! I miss Parry and Linda- too bad we won't be going to Thanksgiving this year...Jonah also loves Waldo. It's surprising how smart these little kids are!

Kim said...

Darling pictures. Happy Birthdays to you all! I can't wait for the carrot cake recipe...I heart carrot cake, A LOT!!

We are waiting for Sarah's toddler seat to arrive and I CAN'T wait. We are hoping it will make her travels much better. Hopefully she'll look as cute as Owen does. He is darling.

the bates motel said...

sounds like some fun times. cute pic of owen in his big boy seat! he's so big! and i can't believe how quickly it gets dark now, but gotta enjoy the cooling weather.

Jean said...

Happy belated b-day to Casey!! Pretty cake!! And yahoo for the new carseat. I can't WAIT to turn Weston's around so he's facing forward. It's such a pain to get him into it right now!

teresa and the boys said...

Happy late wishes to Casey as well -- and early ones to you, Dana. In case I forget!

I love turning the kids around. It's like suddenly, they're part of the family again.

Have you tried the I Spy books? The big ones are more Cooper's style, but they make some little chunky ones for smaller kids too. Alex still loves them!

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY for Owen--it's always so much easier (and they are much happier) when they are forward facing!

And I'm the empty box was huge hit!!

Happy Birthday (on Thursday) Casey!