We just finished watching Night 1 of the A.I. Finale. A few thoughts:
- How silly did David Archuleta look in the first 5 minutes when they were introduced? "and in this corner we have...." Big grin, bouncing from sided to side, hitting his gloves together....David!
- I like it when Randy and Simon wear suits.
- I voted for David Cook. I don't usually vote. But when Seyesha was in the bottom each week, I started voting for her (I guess it didn't help). And I do like David Cook's style. I would actually listen to one of his songs on the radio. If David Archuleta was on the radio, I'd probably change the station. Now yes, D. Archuleta probably has a superior voice, but his whole package deal is SO totally cheesy. I mean seriously, I couldn't agree more with Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber (I just like using Sir)....keep your freaking eyes open dude! Even when the eyes are open, he's so squinty. It drives me crazy to watch him sing. And his style is best classified as: Donnie Osmond (not because he's mormon, but because he's corny). So what I'm saying is....while David Cook may not be the best singer, he has a more appealing style (to me) and I just don't want the cheese ball to take home the gold. So I voted for Cook.
- I totally forgot about Danny Noriega until they did the montage at the end. I miss him. How great was the unintentional comedy level while he was on?
- Ryan clearly had on makeup. Not shocking. Everyone on camera does. But his just seemed extra noticeable tonight. His face looked overly tan and his eyes were well lined.
- I liked Paula's sparkly dress (and I fast-forwarded through each of her comments, as usual. I guess my comment about her is akin to her comments to every female, "you look stunning tonight" - not that she looked stunning, but you know, I'll just comment on her looks rather than anything of substance.)
- Casey's standing comment from day one till now "it's glorified karaoke hour."
- David Archuleta's facial expressions/reactions to the judge's comments were awesome.
- Ruben has a pleasant voice. I would never buy/own one of his albums, but his voice is very clear and well, pleasant.
- David Archuleta will likely win tomorrow night. Um, Go Mormons and stuff?
I don't mean to sound down on American Idol. It's a great show and I think this season really raised the bar to a new level. There were some entertaining singers/performers. And anyone who made it to the top 6 or so probably has a career of some sort ahead of them anyway. I just like to pick on things that are cheesy. And A.I. has plenty of that to go around.